Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'm a make it

Today was a better day. With the wrapping up of school and seeing how great the staff, children, and parents at my school showed this new kid love, I can say that I’m starting to get my stride back. My first graders really loved the projects we did over the week and I was happy to see the light in their eyes as we talked about the holidays and the books I read to them. I was able this week to finish week 7 and the last 2 days felt good. I am not looking for this week to have lost weight only because it had been one of those weeks where I was not feeling it but the one thing I didn't do was eat because I had an off week. So I am going to be happy with just staying even and these 2 weeks that I have off from school, I will get refocused.

I am very happy to see so many of my running group doing so well. Some have lost weight along this journey but what we have found out from this journey is that it is really ourselves that are our downfall. We must start listening more to that voice deep within that tells us that we can do it. We are our biggest cheerleaders and if we can't see the potential in ourselves, how will others see that. As you can see, I had to learn that the hard way. I will not lie to you, I am a pleaser and I love to make sure that others are happy. But do the people I care so much about want or do the same for me. It is one thing to say good job to a person but to help them on that journey shows that you are in their corner and no matter what the outcome is they will still be there. I always tell my close circle of friends that I have not change, I have just gotten older. When they call me I am still there to listen and be there when others have left. I will not judge them nor will I sugar coat the truth. I am me.

With the holiday once again putting me in a little downer, I also had time to listen to myself as well as think about things, things I want to change and people I want in and out my life. I realize that I can't be mother to some people anymore. You have to let them make the mistakes and just be there when they fall because they will need you. I have to stop being so damn nice. I laugh because this will be the hardest to break. The word no is not in my vocabulary and in cases of seeing who really cares for me and their intent, saying yes clouds the judgment. With this goal of 30 at 30, I want to start the new year off with a great circle of friends and people who want to be there not only when it benefits them. I hope everyone is getting closer to being LINDA and I look forward to hearing from you guys. I will be opening up the floor next week of Q&A and I look forward to answering any questions you may have for me so ask away. Please enjoy this song by Chrisette Michelle. A great artist who has an amazing voice. Her music hits home and so does this song.  See you guys later :-*


I'm a make it by Chrisette Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment