Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Not afraid

Today was a great day. I started my substituting solo today and it was good. I had no worries, I had worked for a few months and it began to become second nature to me. After work, I was able to get my son's homework checked and head out for my run. The weather this evening was the perfect running temperature. We went today from hot weather to dipping down to mid 60's and I am loving it. The run was great, I was able to keep the pace and able to run the allotted time for this week. I smell success in my future and that is coming very soon.

Normally I pack my lunch for work and snacks to go along with it but today, I didn't realize that all I had was the meal and left the snacks. I am not complaining because anything to keep the calories down (fats), I am all happy for. It just made me realize that when I am kept busy, I don't consume as many calories as I would if I was let’s say at home taking care of my little one. The one thing I have not slacked on which, for me was a bad habit was skipping breakfast. It doesn't matter now what time I get up; I am cooking eggs, oatmeal, cereal, or some breakfast version for the day. Also using the loseit site, I am able to see for the week the calories I am putting in, how many calories I burn off with exercise and how many calories I do not use after I plug in foods and exercise. I want to thank Lisa from my running community for hooking me onto the site. Every day I go on there and see how successful she is doing with her plan. Congrats Lisa!!

So now it is time for me to sit back and relax, look over my plan of action for tomorrow and enjoy the milestones I am making. Oh did I mention that yesterday at my schools pep rally, I was recognized along with all the teachers in the school for doing a great job. That made my day and I was proud to be a part of such great teachers. This only fuels me to succeed even further. I am not afraid anymore. What milestone (big or small) have you accomplished today, yesterday, or will accomplish this week or month? Let me know so I can cheer you on. My mom said "you can never have too many positive supporters." I will see you all tomorrow Please enjoy this song by Eminem. You may not be in the same situation as his lyrics but the meaning behind it rings true for all who may be going through or has gone through something. :-*

 Not afraid by Eminem

No comments:

Post a Comment