Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Monday, November 29, 2010

Jump

Hello, hello, and hello to all. I am in such a great mood today. First off I started my substitute teaching position and I am so excited. I am getting one step closer to my goal to become a teacher. The children were great and it felt right standing in front of them, teaching and them learning from me. I am looking forward to February when I take my test to become an official teacher. Now I know you may ask what else does she have to be so chipper about? Let me tell you what also put such a pep in my step.

I lost 1.6 pounds!!!!!! Go me, it's my birthday!! Yep, I was sure that I had gained weight or stayed neutral because of the holiday but I managed to slide into home base for the win. So now I am so looking forward to my goal of 30 for 30 in April. I am not upset about the low weight loss because I am actually doing well and in normal range. Keep on coming off because according to loseit, I am ahead of the date they set for me to be at 30 lbs. I have finally broken the mentality of "all or nothing." We especially I have got so hooked on seeing big numbers or physical changes that when it does not happen we give up. Well I am here to say that this girl is not giving up anytime soon. I was able this morning to move over to the third hole in my belt and that alone put a smile on my face. For those that know me, it doesn't take much to make me happy and that was a boost in my little ego.

I came home today, finished homework with my oldest, and was out the door to do my week 5 day 1 run. Just because I am back to work, that will not stop me from reaching my goal of a 5K and 30 lbs lighter. My son actually ran with me and I was happy. I am glad that I am doing something that will stay with him for a lifetime. He gets to see that with determination, clear goals, and strength; that you can do anything. That sounds corny but it is true. My boys will see that I want to stay healthy not only for myself but for them. I want to be able to cry at each milestone they will cross. I want to see the girls who will try to stray my boys away with their girlish games, lol. I want them to see that their mother put time not only on her outer beauty (hair, nails, facial, etc.) but her inner beauty of making herself happy, healthy, and strong.

I want to thank again my running community for so much love and support. They have really kept me going and I hope I have returned the support they have given me. If you haven't subscribed to my blog, please do so and if you know someone else who may need the encouragement or just a person who is going through the same, please tell them about me. Like I stated before, I want to turn LINDA into a brand that will not only help the people who read but will help all. Welcome to my world and I look forward to posting again. Please enjoy this song by Madonna. :-*

Jump by Madonna

No comments:

Post a Comment