Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

And the beat goes on

I want to start off this blog by saying to day was a very important day for us as citizens to vote people into office that we feel will address the concerns and needs of your state and country. I bolded that because I want you guys to remember that change does not come overnight but the needs of the public does need to start being addressed.

Now, onto how I am doing today. I got up this morning feeling good. The goals today were to go to this Endocrinologist to see why I have been so tired and had been having swelling in my hands and feet. I guess I should catch you guys up a little bit. I will say I am one of those people who do not like to wait around until things break in order to fix the problem so needless to say, I went to the doctor for an annual checkup. You know the usual blood drawn to check for in irregularities and to make sure that I am overall healthy. Well the results came back and overall my health was great except for my weight which I am in the process of losing. Once the doctor gave me the spill on all the benefits of losing the 20+ pounds I should loss he got that look in his face. So I just told him to give it to me straight, I don't want the sugar coated version. So he told me that my thyroid results were high. He then went to tell me that this could be the reason why I was feeling tired, my hands and feet swelling and my body not being able to regulate itself. So I looked at him and said ok I am not dying and that's good but what is our next step.

He then like all doctors do begin telling me that I will have to go to the endocrinologist so that they can run further test and confirm the results he got and then go into treatment plans. So of course like any other person who has gotten news that they hyperthyroid, I begin to look up what this was and the possible treatments. As I started reading up on this, I notice that most of the symptoms for hyperthyroidism I didn't have but I did match up well with hypothyroidism. So now it was a guessing game now about what I may have. Which leads me back to the beginning of this entry.

In the endocrinologist office where it is so cold and feels like the scene from the BettleJuice movie where he has his ticket and switches it with the voodoo witch doctor sitting next to him (seating here laughing as I think of that scene). But then I was called in and sitting in a room where I got a flashback of my first time at an OBGYN appointment, ladies you know that feeling guys reading this just continue reading. So the doctor comes in and I was shocked. The person I had envisioned was a lady because the name on my insurance companies’ site was a female first name and the person standing in front of me was a man. Ok back to the discussion at hand. He comes in and asks me all the questions that I had answered with my primary doctor but I gladly give him what I have been experiencing and my family history.

He goes through the breath in and out, follow my finger routine, and then checks my throat. I can say this man was a man with few words but then he tells me to come to the poster that was behind me and shows me what a thyroid looks like and how mine was large and that this is why I was experiencing some of the problems I had. He tells me that I will be going to have an ultra sound and a scan on my thyroid so that he can develop the proper treatment for me. So as I stand there trying to envision the pills or the surgery that I may have to take, the one thing I am grateful for was it was not anything life threatening. I came home and made my appoint for the ultra sound and scan that will be done in two days. The next thing for me is to not worry my pretty little head and focus on working on my Linda.

At this point I feel I am working on Nourishing my mind, body and soul. I guess this is where I was meant to start. I did my strength training today which I felt great about. Tomorrow is my second day of my running plan and I am looking for to being out in the fresh air pushing my little one in the stroller as I progress to a better me. So the question I have for today is what do you slack on in your life? and how can you change that so that you can be one step closer to being Linda? Have a great night everyone. Thanks for taking the time out to vote because as my mom always said "you can't complain when things stay the same and you didn't speak up for change." I look forward to sharing my world with you. :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment