Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

These three words

Greetings everyone. I am back and writing early because I want to get my post out before I get busy in the kitchen. I did my second run for week 4 and it went well. I was strong for the first half and kind of slowed on my last 5 minute run. There has been a lot on my mind and I think that was also a factor to me not finishing strong. I am realizing that carrying so much on my own has an effect to how I feel overall. Yesterday I was sitting and thinking, realizing how much I miss my family for the holidays. It is very difficult for us to get together but I am such a family oriented person that the holidays are what I look forward to but this year I am down. So that lead me to think about the people I have in my life.

My mom always said I was the strong one, the one people will come to for help and I would deliver every time. But then I think where are those people when I need them? Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. Helping is in my blood and that will never end but you want to feel appreciated or know that when I am in need of support, they will be there. So I have taken the rest of this year to work on me. I have shut down Facebook communication starting today and will focus on making myself a better person. Sometimes you have to take a step back, regroup, find out who are the positive and negative energy, and come out understand who you are and what you want in life.

I will be continuing my posting here as well as to my running group and loseit group. I hope everyone is able to be with love ones and that you show and tell each other how thankful you are to have them. It is not all about the food, football, a day off or shopping the next day; it's about being able to have the ones you care for under one roof. Enjoy the day because I know I will try my best. Please enjoy the song by Stevie Wonder that my mother and I love so much. It rings true and makes you think. :-*
These three words by Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment