Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Feeling like Superwoman

Hello to all. Today was an exhausting day. I went in for my ultra sound today and to get the radiation put into me so let's start there. The 45 minute wait alone made me tired and anxious. Finally when I was in the room with the tech, she was not the gentlest person to my throat. You know how you get that hard to swallow feeling when you are nervous, that is what I had when she was pressing up against my neck looking at my thyroid. I was finally glad when that was over because I didn't have to go through the torture anymore. Next I had to wait another 25 minutes to see the guy who would give me the radiation. I had one lady next to me who was just as nervous as I because they called her back in due to irregularities on her mammogram test.

Finally after watching the end of the Rachel Ray show and going 15 minutes into the Let's Make a Deal show, the guy in the white coat calls me in. He explains that I will not have to get poked, that they now have radiation pills that I can take. Now a smile came over my face as he looked over the paperwork and then at me and said "you have an overactive thyroid?" I looked up at him and replied, "That’s what my doctor tells me." He looks at me and the paperwork again and says " you don't look like you have hyperthyroidism, what symptoms do you have?" I then go through the symptoms and he says well I guys that's why they say not all will have these symptoms. I tell him I am always that 1 to 2% that will have the opposite but will still have the problem and we both laughed. It was nice that I could get my mind off of the issue for a little bit but that's all it was, a little bit. He went right into telling me that I can't be near my children for 24 hours and that when I come back he will scan my throat and it will tell him and the doctor if my thyroid had not taken in the radiation (hypothyroid), taken all of the radiation (hyperthyroid) or just taken in enough which would mean my thyroid is work fine.

So here I am now, waiting on 24 hours to roll on by so that I can see the doc tomorrow for the scan. It sucks because my boys want to hug me and be under me and they can't but you know what I am still going on with my daily routine. I checked homework from a distance and talked and watched TV with them. So as I sit here listening to Superwoman by Alicia Keys, I raise my chest and my chin. I know that I am moving towards a better life for myself and my children. I am realizing that everything was not built in a day and I have to be able to let some things go on the back burner so that I can have a peace of mind. Once my little ones are tucked in I will start on my strength training and then do some studying. I hope that everyone has had a great day and know that tomorrow will be a new page that you can write the outcome too. I will post tomorrow and let you know how everything went.  For now enjoy the music. :-*

Superwoman by Alicia Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment