Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Better Days

Good evening to all. I am so proud of myself. I did my second day of my week 2 run and it was great. I didn't feel like I was dying and I started to sing with the songs to help with breathing. So that was a big smiley face on my check list of things to do. Next on the list was the second test for my thyroid.

After having such a great run this morning I was more relaxed when I went in to have the scan done. The tech was very nice with explaining what the scan was for and then told me how long I would be laying there to get the pictures. It took about 40 minutes to do a complete scan (front and left and right view). Of course he could have told me what he saw but he said I will leave that up to your doctor to tell you. So of course I was then put back into nervous mode as I searched my brain to decode what that meant.

I will say that lying down on that machine really gave me time to think and figure things out as far as where I want to be in life. I know you will say, "don't you already know that?" but in actuality, it is always good to check in now and then on how you see yourself and what you need to do to put you were you want to be. For me I want to be teaching. I want to be able to provide financially for my children without feeling like I am sacrificing my mommy time to get where I want to be. I try to wrap my head around how my mother did it. How she was able to be at every game, every concert, and every play. I have to take my hat off to her. She did a damn good job at raising me, my brother, and sister. I know she is probably smiling knowing that if she could have been here to hear me ask how she did it, she would say I knew you would ask that question sooner or later.

Well, I sit here today filled with questions that I am trying to find the answers to. Eager to learn them but afraid to stumble and fail. So I bring the questions back to you. Do you know where you are going or want to be at? What steps do you need to take to get there and how will you do it? My mother always said to never stop asking questions because the more you know the more you can go into things with your eyes wide open and not blocked. Have a great day everyone and I will let you know what tomorrow brings me.  Enjoy the song. It makes me think of my mother when I listen to it. :-*
Better days by Dianne Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment