Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Monday, November 1, 2010

The light bulb effect

On Saturday evening after the family had eaten, gotten washed up for the night, had a few laughs, and were tucked into their beds dreaming sweet dreams, I was busy up on Facebook. Yes, you heard me right. I was up playing one of the many addictive games that are on the site. After playing the games, I saw an ad on the right side that said "The couch-to-5K." I clicked on it and I saw a running plan that they said could get you running a 5K in 9 weeks. My brain said "sounds easy" but my mouth poked out and said "yeah the only 5K you will run is in your sleep." So I clicked on the sign up button and put in my information. As I finished up and had printed out the running plan, I felt my chest raise and my chin tilt up. I had committed to a new journey.

This was going to be the time that I did something for me and not for others. I continued to search the site looking at helpful articles and even stumbled into the community to find someone who would be starting on Monday. How relieved I felt that she too had been putting things on the backburner. So as I read the other logins comments about how they too saw the site but put it to the side like they do for other things that pertain to making them feel good, a light bulb went off. This is meant to be. I was meant to start over at this moment at this time of my life. At that moment I made a commitment to myself to complete this task and move on to bettering my life in every aspect.

Another light bulb went off and Linda was made. Why not form a brand that I believe in, that relates to every single person, and that I know will help others achieve what I am achieving. So if you want to Live for you, Inspire others, Nourish your mind body and soul, Dream to fulfill your goals, and Ascend to a better you, then you have come to the right place. You will get to see the good and the bad, the ups and downs, and the highs and lows as I transform to be a better person for myself foremost and for my family. I welcome all comments and all followers who would love to be Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment