Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Still going strong

Today was a great day. I was able to sleep in for a change and it felt good. Knowing that I had a workout to do, I got right online pulled up my Zumba videos and got to work. An hour and a half later, I was sweaty and feeling good. The holiday has come and gone and I was not going to start the hibernation period on my workout. After taking a nice warm shower, it was time to get down to the daily Saturday cooking routine, TACO NIGHT!!! So now I know that what I would normally eat was one a lot of calories but also what was filling me was the tortillas, I decided to mix it up. Here is what I had for dinner:

2 cups salad
4 ounces of lean ground beef (using up what is in my freezer)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
2 tbsp of fat free sour cream
2 tbsp of taco sauce
and here is the results


The calories on that were 337, I had veggies and I was full. So I was able to top my dinner off with a slice of sweet potato pie which was delicious. I am always looking for new ways to invent my favorite foods. So I ask and challenge you to make over your favorite foods into more healthy ones. Trust me, the flavor will still be there but it will be so much healthier. Now it is time for me to relax and watch some movies with the family. I will see you guys later and remember to keep working to be LINDA. :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment