Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Monday, November 22, 2010

I believe

I am back!! I hope everyone’s weekend went well and you were able to find some time for yourself, and go over ways that you are able to make yourself LINDA. My weekend was a little rough. I felt body telling me that it wanted to get sick so I had to rest and nurse myself so that I was able to do my run today and so I was able to sub this week. So let's talk about my run. It well very well. I thought I was going to be crawling on the ground with the new 3 to 5 minute runs I was doing for this week. I fought through it and was able to come out on top. GO ME!

I got on the scale today because it was that time and I was shocked to see that I lost 4 pounds. I pretty much had to get on the scale two more times to check. I am so happy. The work I am putting in is paying off. I had made a big goal of weight I wanted to lose but decided that since my birthday would be coming up next year; why not shoot for 30 for 30. Yes, I am turning 30 years old and I am proud of it. Where have the years gone you say? I have been going to school, working, having two beautiful boys, and being a wife. Yep, I can't believe that I will be hitting the milestone but I will embrace whatever comes my way. So tell me what are your goals? Are you trying to lose weight, finish school, looking for or trying to get promoted in your job? Let me know what know what you are trying to succeed. My mom always said "everyone always needs support,” so let me be that as I work on my journey and you on yours. Everyone learns from others, otherwise we would not have examples of the right or wrong way to do things are.

I officially start my month long subbing position next week and I am very excited. This will be a test for me in so many ways. The Principal will get to see how I work and possibly lead to a teaching position for the following school year and this is to see if Elementary is where I should be. I am looking forward to this and I can't wait to work with my first graders. So I encourage you to analyze yourself and see are you where you want to be and if you are not, how can you get there. If I can start all over at 30 (yes calling myself that already), then I know anyone can. If school is where you want to be, there are night classes and online course that can be taken from your local college. If a promotion is what you want, find out what trainings you need to take or what will get you ahead and notice as the shining star of the company. Don't be afraid to go after what you want. It is possible you just have to believe in yourself and have the proper support in your corner to get you there. As I tell my students, put your listening ears and your thinking cap on and let's see what we can do to solve the problem. Have a great evening everyone and I look forward to writing to you again before the holiday. Please enjoy this song by Yolanda Adams that I listen to when I need a boost.  :-*
I believe by Yolanda Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment