Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Monday, November 8, 2010

Becoming mentally strong

Hello everyone! Today was a great day. I got on my scale and I lost 2 pounds. I am so excited. This made my day and only fueled me to continue my journey. Went for my week 2 run and at first it was rough but by the third round I was in the zone. Looking ahead to your goal could never feel any better. So with that in mind I kept the excitement going all day. Now it is time for me to focus on my test tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be an ultra sound of my thyroid to see how big it is and if anything else is wrong. They will then give me either through my vein or a liquid of radiation before I leave. This will be in my system for 24 hours and I will come back on Wednesday so they can see how much of the radiation has left my thyroid. This should be interesting considering that I can not be in close contact with my children. So I will be in one room and they will be in the other. That is going to break my little ones heart since he likes to be next to me.

So tonight I will be mentally preparing myself for these two tests. Am I scared? Yes I am. I don't want them to find anything else wrong or it be worse. Doing research on it, I found that people take meds for life. That is something I do not want to do therefore, I am hoping that there is an alternative to this. I will leave you with this in mind. Some things we can't control (genetics, parents, etc.) but those things that you can (health, safety, peace of mind) should not be taken lightly. Do go and get an annual checkup like I do and don't blow off that cold that has been lingering around for more than two weeks. Just take care of yourself and it will take care of you. Have a great night everyone and I will see you tomorrow. :-*

1 comment:

  1. Keya, I hope everything works out well for you. I'm sure it will be hard to be away from your kids, but better for one night than for a lifetime.

    I don't know what letter you personally feel you are at in your L.I.N.D.A scale, but I am inspired by what I just read in this blog.

    Best of luck in your treatment.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete