Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wakeup call

Hello everyone. I am glad to be back on writing to you guys. The last couple of weeks have been crazy. I had a paper due today and a presentation to give. So you can say that I was and am drained. I got some good news for the week, I got called for an interview and I am looking forward to going and letting them know that they have find the right person. My passion is helping others. That has been the story of my life. So when this postion came I was like, finally a job that gets me. So I filled out the application, turned in my resume and here I am today letting you guys know that I will be dressed to impress Monday. So that was the bright stop in my week.

I finished week 2 of my running plan and I feel pretty good about it. I am trying to take the smalls steps of changing my life. Running is that first step. As I get stronger I will be changing over my eating. Don't get me wrong, I am not running for 30 minutes and then eating Ben and Jerry's. No that would defeat the purpose of what I am doing but what I am doing is looking at my portion size and exchanging some of the fries for sweet potatoes and healthier choices. My ultimate goal is to match my eating to my running. But like I said, the first thing is that you are moving and making that change. So next week starts week 3 and I am so excited. I have been mentally pushing myself. I am getting back to the me I use to be.

Sometimes it takes a wake up call to finally make you think about your life and where you want to go. Two weeks ago was my wake up call. I realize that I have two wonder boys who love me unconditionally. I want to make sure that I am here to return the unconditional love that they show me. I want to be able to get the calls for advice about girls and what they like and don't like or why she say one thing and do another. Lol! I had to laugh about that, I am so protective I know that I will need to take gun lessons. Have to keep those girls away from my boys :-) They have goals and dreams and I will make sure that no drama gets in the way of my babies. Besides wanting to be around to see my boys grow into wonderful men, I want to live life again. I want to get that stress free feeling agian. I want to look in the mirror and pat myself on the back and say good job girl. So I ask this question to you. What was or will be your wake up call? Are you ready to take the steps to get what you want? Ponder that and let me know what you think. I am back and ready to become Linda. I hope you guys are having a great weekend and I will see you guys tomorrow. :-*

2 comments:

  1. Keya, how did your interview go today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went very well Carol. Thanks for asking. I hope to hear back from them soon. I hope I got it. :-)

    ReplyDelete