Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Change doesn't happen overnight

I hope that everyone has had or is having a great day. If you are not, the next day will come and bring you a chance to enjoy the life bestowed onto you. Today we got the final results of the election that took place yesterday. If you are upset please remember that in order to fix a problem we most vote. For those who did vote and feel upset remember that you still have a voice and if things are not going the way you want then use your voice to speak up. Nothing changes until voices start to vocalize that change needs to happen. I also want you guys to remember that change does not happen overnight and you must give it time to take effect.

Speaking of giving things time, today my day was not well. My morning went very well. I got up and got my boys breakfast and my oldest ready for school. I went on my second day of my running plan and I felt good up until I got a text that one of my supports could be leaving me. You never appreciate how much a person does for you physically, emotionally, and spiritually until it's too late. We didn't live in the same state but we did keep in contact through phone, text, and emails but knowing that if I wanted to visit them by car or plane made the difference. It is not set in stone that they will be leaving but they will be leaving me when the time comes.

So here I am stressing over when they will leave. Are things going to change? My mind starts to race with the negative aspect of things. My mom always said I look at the bad parts before the good but in the end I come up with best positive outcome for things. She says I work backwards when it comes to seeing the brighter side of things :-) so that situation put a dampen on my day. From that news, I started to critic myself but then I had to slap myself (literally) because things are not built overnight. I have to stop the mentality of wanting things right then and go back to how my mother raised me which is to pay your dues in order to accomplish what you want. If that means that I have to get out there and mingle with people to come up with another support system then I will do that.

So tell me, what is the goal that you have set for yourself? What support do you have in place and if you are lacking, what can you do to change it?  It is all about knowing that when you are down, that there is someone there that can pick you up, carry you to that finish line, and give it to you straight whether you want it or not. So look around at the people in your life and see if when you need them they will be there. Some people are just pass through in your life so that you can reach your goals and others are there to keep you focus on what you plan to do. So look at who fits those categories and you will know how to move towards your goal. Enjoy the rest of your day and remember tomorrow is never a repeat of the last unless you allow it to be. :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment