Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Still going strong

Oh Turkey day is around the corner. Where will you be, who will you be with? Me I will be with the family of course. My father-in-law always cooks and so the whole family will be there and we will be giving thanks for having another year together and for having things we have. I am thankful for my kids and my life. I am thankful for being able to wake up every day and to walk outside and feel the sun kiss my skin.

The last entry I told you guys about my doctor visit and the results. I am still going to go with the radiation but I am also going to get a second opinion. My health is all I got but I want to make sure that all options are looked over. With that said, I finished the third week of my running. It felt real good getting over that hurdle. Now week four comes and I am a little nervous because it will test my strength, especially mentally. I am taking it one step at a time and know that I will conquer this week coming up just like the last three. Changes I have seen are my clothes have gotten looser and I have been paying attention to what I put in but not restricting myself. I love the lose it website because every day I have to plug in my foods and I get to see just exactly what I am putting in me and how much cals it is. I realize that although I am eating my veggies, I need to add some more into them. So that is the plan, to incorporate more veggies into my meals. Monday will be the weigh in and I can't wait to see what I have accomplished. Even if it is not a big change I am going to be happy because I am finally doing this for me.

Today I had to take it easy. I felt a cold coming and I want to take care of myself so that I am able to push through my run and work for the week. It felt good that yesterday the Principal at the school I was subbing for was giving me advice and letting me know that I was doing the right thing and getting great feedback from the teachers. He doesn't know that he help put another notch in my belt of achievements. I know that the change in careers was the right decision and I am looking forward to having my own room.

I hope that everyone had a great week and will be enjoying the weekend. I look forward to posting again and I want you guys to remember to stick to those goals and if you have goals, see how you can achieve them. Well I am going to leave you with my corny song I have been singing in my head, Eye of the tiger by Survivor. Have a great weekend and I will see you tomorrow.  :-*
Eye of the tiger by Survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment