Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Friday, November 26, 2010

And there goes the holiday... for now at least

Thanksgiving is over and now it is time to look forward to jolly Saint Nick whipping around the world in his sled full of nice goodies for good girls and boys. So before that begins I ask, what were you thankful for? Me, I was thankful that I was able to wake up another day, I have two beautiful healthy boys, and that my family is able to enjoy one another each day. So I am sure a lot of you jumped on the Black Friday wagon and headed off to the malls or favorite stores to get your holiday shopping out of the way. For me, I was in my bed taking in some much needed sleep.  I got cyber Monday so I am happy for that.

Thanksgiving was pretty good. I got to eat with family and even though my family was not able to be there, I was able to talk to them and feel happy. I was proud of myself for not over indulging on the foods that tasted so yummy that I was able to savior every piece of the sweet potato pie and cheese cake I had. It was so delicious. I found that the key is not to eat with your eyes but to eat with your brain and stomach. I was able to eat everything that was put out but of course in small portions. I had one plate and was full from it. I didn't feel guilty nor did I feel I cheated myself. I have finally graduated from that mentality that you only have to eat one way and suffer through it if you want to be healthy.  Were you able to stay on track for those who are trying to lose weight? If you didn't, that is ok; you can make this a lesson and hop right back into your goal. The key is to not give up.

I would like to give a big thank you to my running community for keeping my spirits up for the holiday. For those who read my last entry, I was a little down. I missed my family and I wish I could be with them. They sent me great support mail and for that I am very thankful. Today is my last day of week 4 on my running plan. Even though it is the day after the big feast, I know I can do it. Enjoy this day off and I will see you guys tomorrow. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but for today, live and love like it's your last. :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment