Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Monday, November 15, 2010

Living my life likes it's golden

I wanted to take the time out to thank those who take the time to read my blog. While you are reading, make sure to subscribe so I can show my appreciation to you outside my blog. Don't forget to tell others who may need to be uplifted and just know that they are not alone in their journey. Enough with the plugging of my blog, let's see how my day went.

The interview went very well. I am hoping to hear back from them soon. I really like this position and what the company stands for so I hope they can see I am a good fit for their company as well as the community. I am now on my week 3 of my running plan. I was scared because I didn't think I would be able to push through the longer time but I did it and was very pleased at myself. We have these broken records in our heads that continuously play. The one in my head was you can't do it, why don't you stop. I didn't let that record play for too long. I slowed my pace and pushed through my run. This is something we all have to do whether it is a fitness goal, applying for another job, or whatever. The goal is that you have to make that record say I can and I will try. People around you may not understand your method or support you but that is when we have to be our own cheerleaders. I am finding that out again. I didn't always have that record playing in my head, when I wanted to do something, I would just do it. If it failed I just brushed it off and tried again.

So the point that I am making is try to find where the broken record started. Why it started and how you can break it for good. Sometimes all it takes it support telling you that you can do it and other times it takes cleaning house of friends, spouses, family that bring the negativity around you. That's when you have to sit down and evaluate your life and the people in it. Speaking of friends and support, one of my friends in the running community hipped me onto a great website called lose it. It is like a diary for the food you eat. It's free and I signed up for it today and I'm now keeping taps of what I put in my mouth. So if you are looking for a site that will track your cals as well as show you your progress towards your goal, this is the site. Another bonus is it has an application for your phone so when you are on the go, you are able to continue to keep track. I will post the site under health on my blog for those who want to check it out.

So I will end this with saying again, thank you. Thank you running community for the support; thank you friends that are far and near for the encouragement. It really feels good when you know that people want you to succeed and I promise I will not let you down. I will get back up time and time again and continue until I make my goal. I hope everyone had a great day and know that tomorrow is a new day and we can start fresh. Here is a song by Jill Scott that I listen to every morning. Enjoy and I will see you tomorrow.  :-*





No comments:

Post a Comment