Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still standing

Tonight was a great night. I laced up my shoes and hit the pavement. I really needed it considering my mind has been all over the place. I really have not been able to get into a groove with this run but I was able to complete my run today even with the weather being in the 40s. It felt so good being out there and the cool air hitting me as I ran. I had the 90s music in my ear. Blackstreet and Salt & Pepper belting out notes in my ear put me in a relaxing mode. I really needed this run today because I needed to shut the world out for 40 minutes.

The good news I have is that my baby was AWESOME Saturday night at his concert. I think the love of music has been passed down to him because he really enjoyed performing and I was so proud to see him beam with happiness on the stage. Also, the inches keep coming off. The clothes are looser, I am fitting into shirts I have had tucked away, and the belt hole keeps moving. So I still have my eye on the prize of 30 for 30. I just need to switch up my strength training. Anyone have any suggestions? Well I know I have been MIA, I have been thinking a lot. Thinking about where I will be in the next few months and the people I feel it is time to 86 out my life. It is a tough decision when you have to think about the people who are not moving in the direction that you are. When I talk about same direction, I mean supportive and positive. I don't want people who don't have goals and dreams around me. I don't want people who just want to be around me when there seem to be a problem with their life and they know I will be there to help fix it. People who always have something negative to say or no encouragement at all. These are the people I am saying bye-bye to. So the New Year will be coming upon me and a new me will be emerging.

I hope that everyone is thinking about long term goals for the New Year and not quick fix ones. One thing I have learned is that quick fixes never get you where you want to go. So take some time to yourself and think about where you are, where you're headed, and what you want. Once you have that figured out, make the necessary changes (small steps) to get you to the you, you want to be. Thank you to those who have followed me and are encouraging me. I have not forgotten you. I wish all you luck in your journey and I will post again soon. Please enjoy the song by Monica. I love it and I am sure everyone can relate to this. :-*

Still standing by Monica

2 comments: