Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Friday, December 3, 2010

Survivor

I am so proud of myself today. I woke up this morning got my boys and I ready for school and when I was slipping into my outfit, I realized I was looking slimming. Granted that I had on jeans and a tank but when I saw my profile as I was heading out the door, I had to look twice. "Is that me?" I said. Damn my waist is getting smaller and look at that stomach (not rock solid commercial abs but we are getting there). I wanted to post a picture but of course I guess this was just my week that every electronic I used would break. So you can guess what I want for Christmas (Nikon D3100 but I will settle for a Nikon CoolPix S8000). That alone made my day as I headed off to work. The 5 weeks that I have put into myself is paying off and I am not even ready to stop. So look out world her comes the new and improved me.

After a long day at work I came home to my little sick bear. While in school, my oldest got sick and was taken home today. I catered to him for a while and knew I had to conquer the dreaded beast of a 20 minute straight run. I got into my second uniform for today (gym clothes), did my stretching and headed out and proceeded on my journey. I was amazed at how I did. I was not winded as I thought I would be and I kept the same pace as I've done for the last few runs. I was even able to sing the words to the songs as I pound the pavement. 37 minutes later and I was done. I was not tired and I was proud of myself once again. If this was 5 weeks ago and you've asked me to run for 20 minutes, I would have thought you were crazy but I tell you, the Couch to 5K program has done wonders. There were voices in my head (not Sybil voices) telling me to stop, that I couldn't do it but this new me, was not having it. I kept pushing and the new me won. For those reading my blog, you can do it. It doesn't matter what your goal in life is (lose weight, become a better you, find a better relationship etc.), you can do it. You have to trust yourself and start surrounding yourself with like-minded people. Today I became a survivor and I like how I feel and what has become of me. I will check in with you guys soon. Enjoy this song by Destiny Child. I think it is a fitting song for me and all who are or will overcome something. Thank you running community you have been the best. This is for you as well.  :-*

Survivor by Destiny Child

No comments:

Post a Comment