Inspire

"Start with what they know. Build with what they have. The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves." Lao Tzu

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I feel good

I am very proud of myself for the hard work I put in the last two weeks. Every little accomplish is like winning the lotto as you climb the ladder to a healthier and stronger person. I am not going to say that the last two weeks were easy. I had some slips up but I told myself that tomorrow is a new day and I will get back on my grind and my goal. So today I got up with my lovely boys and play Wii with them and did some housework. They left for the weekend with their father and I took to the pavement. I did a pretty descent run today.

I had lunch with my friend and yes I did take in 2 beers. I am not going to deny myself but I knew that 2 was it. I came home and worked out and read for a little bit before getting ready for tonight’s event. I pulled out a pair of jeans that I had for about 4 years. My youngest will be 4 in February so they are pre little man. I looked at them as if to say I know I have been working my butt off but I know I have not worked that hard to get back into these. My little angel on my right shoulder said “try them on, you never know until you try.” So I took a deep breath and slide one leg in which would be my left because it is smaller than my right and then I took another deep breath and slide my right leg in. I pulled up and was surprise to get them on. I let out the sigh and said the test is about to start when it is time to fasten them and what do you know they fasten and zipped up. I ran out my room screaming. Yes I screamed like someone had just broken into my house. I looked into the mirror and was happy to see the person looking back at me. I did it. So now the bar is raised to step up my game for the next two weeks.

I will tell you I have been exhausted these last two weeks with work starting back up, school this week for me, and carving out time for my boys. Workouts starting at 8:30, 9 at night sometimes later. All I can say is I made it through it and I have seen the payoff right now. I will continue and I hope that my blogs are helping and that it inspires you to find your inner L.I.N.D.A. Well I am off to boot scoot boogie tonight and I hope you are all enjoying your evening. Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment